The ultimate device for a healthy life. That's none other than the Apple Watch. It can do what your other devices can't because it's on your wrist. When you wear it, you get a fitness partner that measures all the ways you move.
The Apple Watch can give you meaningful insights, and connect you to the people and things you care about most. What's more, you can wear it anywhere with the right band to go with the device.
Yes, the most compelling reason as to why people purchase this smartwatch is to help maintain and improve their health. However, for millennials, the feature that caught their attention is the Apple Watch's, and the other smartwatches for that matter, ability to be customized.
Customization happens on the smartwatch's software. But the thing that took their notice is the capability to swap out or change the wristband attached to the Apple Watch.
You will find that this feature is especially great since there are Apple Watch models that come with a less convenient band. You see, there are bands that tend to collect grease and grime, and trap moisture. Additionally, since everyone sweats, the band will collect moisture and cause skin irritation.
How Does One Make a Scrunchie Apple Watch Band?
Apple Watch bands can be changed as often as you wish. That means you can change between several different watch bands on a daily basis.
Changing the band of your Apple Watch is purely a cosmetic choice. But since you already have this premium device that you can carry anywhere and everywhere, why not wear it in style?
You might have noticed that scrunchies are everywhere. Scrunchies are cute, simple and can be as big or small as you want them, especially if you are planning on making it yourself. Through DIY, you get to customize them however you want.
You can make your scrunchie skinnier or fatter. The measurements of your scrunchie depends on the size of your wrist. Moreover, with the pandemic, you can make your scrunchie watch band out of the same fabric as your favorite face mask! So how can you make a scrunchie Apple watch band?
The scrunchie you want should feel comfortable on your wrist. The perfect scrunchie needs to be easy to make as well as look cute.
To start, you need the following items:
- Sewing machine
- Elastic of any size you like
- Apple watch strap connectors
- You will need to cut your fabric. If you're planning on making a medium sized scrunchie, your fabric piece should be 18 inches long by four inches tall.
- Once your fabric is cut out, you need to fold it with the right sides together. Sew along the edge forming a long tube. Then, you will need to turn the fabric right side out.
- This time, you need your elastic. Cut the elastic the same size as the measurement of your wrist. Attach a safety pin to one side of the elastic. Then, use another safety pin or straight pin to attach the other side of the elastic to the inside of one end of the tube.
You will use the safety pin to help feed the elastic through. However, you want the other end piece pinned in place so it doesn't slip through the tube.
- Feed the rest of the elastic through the tube and pin that end to the end of the tube. After that, sew both these into place so they do not move and also so that you can remove the safety pin.
- Grab your watch band connector and feed your end through to the other side. Take both sides and fold them in, and then fold the top down. To hide the frayed edges, you have to fold down the edge one more time and over the metal connector. Sew that down to secure it to the connector.
- Do the same to both ends and you are done.
What are the Best Scrunchie Apple Watch Bands?
If you don't want to DIY your own Apple Watch scrunchie band, there are scrunchie bands available in the market. Here are some of them:
- Moretek Sunflower Scrunchie Band for Apple Watch. This scrunchie band uses a soft and durable cotton fabric. The material used makes it skin-friendly, comfortable and hand-washable. What you only need to do is to detach the band from the Apple Watch and wash it with soap and water.
- YOSWAN Scrunchie Elastic Apple Watch Band. If you want to add some more flair to your Apple Watch, what you need is a matching bow to the scrunchie band. YOSWAN offers multiple prints in the pattern, from Burberry checks to totem motifs.
The scrunchie strap is soft and comfortable on the wrist. The print is bright enough to attract attention and compliments.
- Fastgo Leopard Print Scrunchie Band for Apple Watch. Apart from a wide variety of scrunchie bands for your Apple Watch, Fastgo accompanies its band with a clear bumper to protect your watch.
Moreover, the band is 100 percent hard-crafted. It is sturdy and super comfortable to wear. The scrunchie band is skin-friendly, breathable, and lightweight as well.
- KraftyChix Black Scrunchie Apple Watch Band. This scrunchie is crafted out of comfortable fabrics, ensuring that your wrist is in good hands. There are the precise stainless steel connectors that keep your Apple Watch safely attached.
- Moonstan Velvet Scrunchie Apple Watch Strap. This band is cozy, soft and luxe as a velvet fabric. Along with a soft hand feel, you are ale privy to a range of stunning colors.
- MONOBLANKS Faux Suede Scrunchie Strap for Apple Watch. This scrunchie band is crafted from high-quality faux suede. It is soft, snug, lightweight and stretchy. The suede scrunchie strap maintains the panache of your Apple Watch while keeping you on fleek with the trend. It is available in bright classic shades and prints.
Share this post
- Tags: Apple, Apple watch, APPLE WATCH BAND, APPLE WATCH BANDS, SPARTAN WATCH COMPANY, SPARTAN WATCHES